Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||14th October 1963 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||9th October 1963|
|Next episode||16th October 1963|
Myra asks Dennis to be best man. He is delighted. The committee blame Swindley for Ena's stand and the party is moved to the Friday Street Mission. Jerry tells Myra that he has asked a friend, Vincent to be his best man but she meets Vincent and talks him out of it. Vera Lomax worries for Ena's health but she refuses to see a doctor. As the news spreads that the party is off because of Ena, the residents give her the cold shoulder.
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Myra Dickinson - Susan Jameson
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Twenty-four years before first appearing as Don Brennan, Geoffrey Hinsliffe plays Vincent.
- TV Times synopsis: Jerry has 'best man' trouble, and the Street puts the shutters up on Ena
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,238,000 homes (2nd place).
|October 1963 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|