Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||13th September 1989 (Wednesday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Diane Culverhouse|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||11th September 1989|
|Next episode||18th September 1989|
Maurice Jones gives Percy the job of looking after the empty factory. Ivy is convinced that Martin is carrying on with Gail. Don reckons she's imagining things. Derek fears that someone is moving in on his territory. Vera and Ivy go after the same job at Brown's Textiles. Derek tackles competitor Bernie Bagshaw. He is unperturbed about trespassing. Neither Vera or Ivy get the job at Brown's. Martin tells Don that whatever's going on between him and Gail is none of his concern. Don tells Ivy about his attitude.
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Tina Fowler - Michelle Holmes
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Maurice Jones - Alan Moore
- Mr Anderton - James Quinn
- Bernie Bagshaw - Brian Pettifer
- Lyn - Mandy Montgomery
- Gas Board Man - Dave Dutton
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Yard
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Loading bay
- The Kabin
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- Brown's Textiles - Offices
- Ashton Parade
- The receptionist at Brown's Textiles is uncredited, despite having lines of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: It's a year since Percy Sugden lost his post at the Centre. How will he react when he's given a new caretaking job? Ivy comes up against a surprising competitor when she attends a job interview.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 19,250,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|September 1989 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|