|ITV transmission date||20th September 1989 (Wednesday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Diane Culverhouse|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||18th September 1989|
|Next episode||25th September 1989|
The bulldozers move in and start to demolish the factory and the Community Centre. Kevin and Sally don't like Elsie Seddon living with them as she keeps hinting about babies. Gail surprises Audrey and Ivy by cornering them and telling them her affair with Martin is nothing to do with either of them. Gail accuses Ivy of blaming her for Brian's death. Ivy thinks her carrying on will have a bad effect on the children. Jenny makes arrangements to go to Manchester Polytechnic rather than Brighton as she feels Rita needs her. Percy is sad to see the Centre flattened. Elsie tells the Websters she's returning to Scarborough. Ivy belts Martin round the head in the Rovers. The police tell Rita that Alan's trial is coming up.
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Maurice Jones - Alan Moore
- Mrs Seddon - Brenda Elder
- Det. Sgt. Crichton - James Vaughan
- Site Foreman - Rod Arthur
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room and kitchen
- This episode marks the 1,000th appearance of Thelma Barlow in the role of Mavis Wilton.
- TV Times synopsis: The secure wall that Rita has built around her is suddenly shattered when an unwelcome visitor turns up. Will the factory girls be able to stop the march of progress?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 19,160,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included on the following commercial releases:
- Coronation Street 1989 released by Granada and Windsong Video on 5th November 1990.
- The Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005. The version included was that which aired on Granada Plus satellite channel in 2002, which was shorter than the original version by several minutes.
|September 1989 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|