Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||16th October 1989 (Monday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Diane Culverhouse|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||11th October 1989|
|Next episode||18th October 1989|
Gail can't work as she has to look after Nicky and Martin. Rita is horrified that Martin won't be able to give evidence against Alan because of his mumps. He is too sick to go home and is stuck at Gail's. Ken and Wendy Crozier make love in the afternoon. Ivy worries about Nicky's health and calls round as she thinks that Martin and Gail have split. She is furious to find Martin at the house. Rita breaks down at the thought of sending Jenny's dad to prison.
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Tina Fowler - Michelle Holmes
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room, hallway and Sarah Louise's bedroom
- 47 Church Road - Kitchen and hallway
- In preparation for the forthcoming move to thrice-weekly episodes of Coronation Street, this episode was not repeated at the weekend but was instead shown at 3.30pm on Wednesday 18th October (by all ITV regions except for Television South West) with the next two episodes being repeated in a fifty-five minute omnibus on either Saturday 21st October or Sunday 22nd October dependent upon the region. Television South West joined in the mid-week repeats of the Monday episode the following week but chose Tuesdays for their transmission day.
- TV Times synopsis: With half the household down with mumps, Gail needs all the help she can get - but is there anybody left to offer any? And with his factory demolished, why has Mike Baldwin returned?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,780,000 viewers (4th place - combined figure including repeat).
|October 1989 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th
Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Mon 30th