Det. Sgt. Crichton worries that Rita will crumble on the stand. Rita appears vindictive and is determined to see Alan go down. Gail goes back to the cafe as Ivy looks after the children but she refuses to look after Martin. Percy and Phyllis go to court to see Alan's trial. Alan pleads guilty to the charges of deception and actual bodily harm. Rita and Jenny are relieved that they won't have to give evidence as Alan has pleaded guilty. Mike shows Audrey round his new flat. She loves it and arranges to bring Alf to dinner. Martin has a hard time with Ivy in the house. Jenny is upset when Alan gets two years. Rita is furious that it wasn't longer. She is stunned to learn that he's served enough of his time on remand and has been released. Alan walks free from the court.
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Tina Fowler - Michelle Holmes
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Det. Sgt. Crichton - James Vaughan
- Dawn Prescott - Louise Harrison
- Clerk of Court - Bill Croasdale
- Mr Lewis - Anthony Wingate
- Judge - Bernard Alexander
- Mr Myers - Robert Whelan
- Usher - Ann Aris
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room and Sarah Louise's bedroom
- No. 6 Quebec House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- Weatherfield Crown Court - Corridor, Courtroom 2, waiting area and exterior
- First appearance of Alan Bradley since 12th April 1989.
- TV Times synopsis: Ivy swallows her principles to nurse her grandchildren but will she take pity on bed-ridden Martin? Alan Bradley goes on trial for attempted murder - or does he?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 20,350,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included on the Granada and Windsong Video Coronation Street 1989 released on 5th November 1990.
|October 1989 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th
Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Mon 30th