Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||20th October 1989 (Friday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Diane Culverhouse|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||18th October 1989|
|Next episode||23rd October 1989|
Rita fears that Alan will come after her and locks herself in the house. Ivy is forced to involve Martin in her nursing when Nicky demands to play with him. Deirdre surprises Ken with a picnic at the Recorder office but he's arranged to see Wendy Crozier and has to get rid of her. Martin reassures Ivy that he won't try to step into Brian's shoes. She is impressed by the way he handles Nicky. The Roberts' are entertained by Mike and Dawn. Audrey wants to buy one of the dockland flats but Alf isn't interested. Rita opens the door to Alan, thinking he's someone else. He pushes his way in...
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Tina Fowler - Michelle Holmes
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Dawn Prescott - Louise Harrison
- Wendy Crozier - Roberta Kerr
- Florist - Saskia Downes (Credited as "Saskia Downs")
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Yard
- 3 Coronation Street - Yard
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room, hallway and Sarah Louise's bedroom
- No. 6 Quebec House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- 47 Church Road - Kitchen
- Weatherfield Recorder - Office
- Curzon Street
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- In the first major change to the programme's broadcast patterns since Episode 25 (6th March 1961), from this episode onwards Coronation Street was broadcast three times a week with the addition of a regular Friday episode. The return of Alan Bradley was set up to gain the maximum audience possible for the new schedule.
- TV Times synopsis: Ken’s rendezvous with Wendy is in jeopardy when Deirdre takes an active interest in his work. And a nightmare is about to become a reality for Rita.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 20,620,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|October 1989 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th
Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Mon 30th