|ITV transmission date||25th October 1989 (Wednesday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Diane Culverhouse|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||23rd October 1989|
|Next episode||27th October 1989|
Curly starts work at Bettabuy. Mavis is upset when Alan calls at The Kabin. She has to pretend that Derek is upstairs. Eccentric Store Manager Reg Holdsworth teaches Curly the ropes. Alan asks Mike to go into business with him, putting money up for a security business. Mike tells him that he's not interested. Alan gets nasty when he discovers that Dawn is Mike's girlfriend. Alf is shocked when Audrey calls in an estate agent, Mr Simpson, to have the house valued. It is valued at £25,000, Alf is confident that the asking price won't be offered. Store worker Kimberley Taylor falls for Curly. Jenny is upset to hear Mike talking to Rita about Alan's nastiness. She tells them that they've got Alan wrong. Curly is dismayed when Jack asks him to get Vera a job at the supermarket. No.11 goes up for sale.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mr Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Kimberley Taylor - Suzanne Hall
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- The Kabin
- Weatherfield Quays
- No. 6 Quebec House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- Bettabuy - Shop floor and manager's office
- First appearances of Reg Holdsworth (initially credited as "Mr Holdsworth") and Kimberley Taylor.
- From this episode onwards, Bettabuy supermarket appears as an ongoing location. Scenes set within the store were recorded on location in an Eccles branch of the Morrisons supermarket chain.
- TV Times synopsis: It's a proud day at the Duckworths's when 'our Curly' starts a new job. And Alan Bradley has a business proposition for Mike and begins to realise just what the locals think of him.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 21,470,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|October 1989 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th
Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Mon 30th