Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||27th October 1989 (Friday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Diane Culverhouse|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||25th October 1989|
|Next episode||30th October 1989|
Alan moves into a bedsit at 31 Redford Street. Curly enjoys his new-found authority at Bettabuy. He is shocked when Vera sees Reg Holdsworth for a job. Dawn tells Audrey that the docklands are starting a new phase. Audrey is keen to buy one of the flats. Reg gives Vera a job when she gives Curly as a reference. Curly fears that she'll be no good and he'll be responsible. Alan tries to interest Maurice Jones in backing an alarm business but Maurice isn't interested. Audrey shows ex-army sergeant Jim McDonald and his wife Liz round No.11. Alf is horrified when they agree to buy it.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Kevin Webster -Michael Le Vell
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Mark Casey - Stuart Wolfenden
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Mr Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Kimberley Taylor - Suzanne Hall
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson (Credited as "Jim MacDonald")
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard (Credited as "Liz MacDonald")
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop - Shop and stockroom
- The Kabin
- Bettabuy - Shop floor and manager's office
- Manchester Polytechnic - Exterior
- Maurice Jones's Portakabin
- First appearances of Jim and Liz McDonald.
- In an error in the credits, Maurice Jones was stated to have played Alan Moore instead of the other way round.
- TV Times synopsis: Alan Bradley discovers the life of an ex-con is not easy. And Alf’s shaky existence as a Street resident suffers its biggest blow yet!
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 20,430,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
|October 1989 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th
Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Mon 30th