|ITV transmission date||22nd March 1961 (Wednesday)|
|Previous episode||20th March 1961|
|Next episode||27th March 1961|
Albert gets a visit from a Town Hall official, Mr. Harper, who assures the residents that the Street is not to be demolished. He wants to find out who started the rumour. Dennis gives Elsie £4 winnings, she is delighted. Ida visits her mother, Nancy Leathers, and the Barlows worry about her health. Mr. Harper informs Ena that Coronation Terrace is to be demolished and she misread the notice. Sylvia Snape takes Doreen on Wednesday and Friday evenings at her cafe in Rosamund Street. Joe proposes to Christine and she accepts. Harry's sister Alice Burgess wants to move in with him. He's not sure as he wants a wife - Concepta. She annoys him by going off to a dance with Michael Regan.
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Concepta Riley - Doreen Keogh
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Christine Hardman - Christine Hargreaves
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Joe Makinson - Brian Rawlinson
- Mr. Harper - Joby Blanchard
- Sylvia Snape - Patricia Routledge
- Michael Regan - Shay Gorman
- Renowned actress, Patricia Routledge, appears as Sylvia Snape, owner of the Rosamund Street cafe. As stated by Ms. Routledge many years later when being interviewed on Parkinson, Granada had intentions that the character would appear for the long-term, not realising that her ambitions did not include appearing in a long-running role.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 80 (18th September 1961) with the exception of Episode 64 (24th July 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,902,000 homes (chart placing unknown).
|March 1961 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Mon 6th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|