Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||8th December 1989 (Friday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Paul Abbott|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||6th December 1989|
|Next episode||11th December 1989|
Det. Sgt. Crichton calls off the search for Rita. Bet waits at The Strand Hotel for Rita to return. Alec tells Jenny that Rita is alive and she insists that he tells Alan. Alan is outraged to discover Rita is in Blackpool and gets the hotel address off a gullible Alec. Mr Lotterby, the Roberts' solicitor tells them there's nothing he can do; they're homeless. Alf moves Audrey into the shop flat despite her protests. Alan drives to The Strand Hotel in Blackpool to take Rita home and produce her to all the people who have suspected him of murder. He finds Bet in her room and demands to know where Rita is. A terrified Bet rows with him. He bumps into Rita outside, she remembers everything when she sees him and tries to run away from him. She dashes through the traffic, he follows and is hit by a tram and killed instantly. Bet comforts a sobbing and distraught Rita as she collapses to the ground.
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregory
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Alan Bradley - Mark Eden
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Det. Insp. Jordan - John Graham Davies
- Det. Sgt. Crichton - James Vaughan
- Cyril Partridge - Phil McCall
- Mr Lotterby - Ron Meadows
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room
- Corner Shop
- Redford Street
- 31 Redford Street - Bedsit
- Mr Lotterby's Office
- Unnamed hotel in Weatherfield - Hotel Bedroom
- Blackpool - Promenade
- The Strand Hotel - Reception, piano Bar, corridor and room No. 14
- This episode features the death of Alan Bradley and final appearance of Mark Eden in the role.
- Beverley Callard (Liz McDonald) is credited but doesn't appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Will history repeat itself as Alan Bradley finally catches up with Rita?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 21,450,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included on the following commercial releases:
- Coronation Street 1989 released by Granada and Windsong Video on 5th November 1990.
- The Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1980-1989, released on 31st October 2005.
- The Golden Anniversary DVD Collection, released by ITV Home Entertainment on 11th October 2010.
- Golden Greats: a free DVD given out to readers by The Sun newspaper on 27th November 2010.
|December 1989 episodes|
|Fri 1st • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Fri 22nd • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th