A devastated Jenny returns after identifying Alan's body. Curly surprises Reg Holdsworth by handing in his staff assessments early. Audrey is depressed about the house situation. Reg is not happy with the glowing assessments and tells Curly to make them more dodgy in order that management carry on being employed to keep the staff in order. Jenny feels that Alan was hounded to death. Jim McDonald threatens Alf if he doesn't clear the rubbish away. Bet offers to pay for Alan's funeral. Jenny refuses her help and tells her that she blames all the residents for Alan's death.
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Tina Fowler - Michelle Holmes
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Kimberley Taylor - Suzanne Hall
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Mr Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Yard
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room
- Corner Shop
- Bettabuy - Shop floor and manager's office
- 31 Redford Street - Bedsit
- Part-way through this episode, with no on-screen explanation, Jack Duckworth appears with his glasses now being held together by a plaster. This would become a permanent part of the character's wardrobe until Jack got new glasses in 1997.
- TV Times synopsis: Most of the residents are looking forward to getting back to normal.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 21,700,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
|December 1989 episodes|
|Fri 1st • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Fri 22nd • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th