Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st January 1990 (Monday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Diane Culverhouse|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||29th December 1989|
|Next episode||3rd January 1990|
As the residents see in New Year, Deirdre realises Ken has spent the day with Wendy and she throws him out. Alec tells Bet he finds to find his daughter before it's too late. Ken sleeps at the Recorder office instead of going to Wendy's. Jim agrees to pay the excess on the new window with Alf claiming the rest on the insurance. Steve and Andy donate their Christmas money. Bet secretly hopes that Alec will forget about Sandra and advises him not to get his hopes up after twenty years. Emily is shocked to hear the Barlows have split. Audrey is mortified when Alf counts the money from the McDonalds in front of them. Deirdre lets Tracy call Ken at Wendy's and thinks Wendy is protecting him when she says he isn't there. Turning detective, Alec goes to Chestnut Drive, Bamford, where his ex-wife Joyce moved when she left him. Audrey tells Alf to apologise to Jim. Wendy goes to the Recorder office to fetch Ken. He moves in with her. The twins sneak out of the No.11. Alec asks around and learns that a man called Tim Arden can lead him to Sandra. Alf and Jim make up as the twins try out a JCB on the deserted building site, but it goes out of control and crashes into the shop, smashing the window.
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Tina Fowler - Michelle Holmes
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregory
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, hallway and yard
- Corner Shop
- Weatherfield Recorder - Office
- 47 Church Road - Living room
- Chestnut Drive, Bamford
- TV Times synopsis: Although confined to barracks. Steve and Andy McDonald find a way of completely destroying the peace talks between their father and Alf Roberts. Deirdre makes a decision that will drastically affect her family. What will their reaction be?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 22,830,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1990-1999, released on 5th September 2011.
|January 1990 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Fri 19th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st