Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||12th January 1990 (Friday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Diane Culverhouse|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||10th January 1990|
|Next episode||15th January 1990|
Bet knows Alec is rushing Sandra but doesn't know how to tell him. Ken is losing his enthusiasm for the Recorder. Wendy encourages him to fight for what's his. Sandra is too busy to talk to Alec. Don sees one of the cab thieves while driving a fare. He gives chase but loses the youth. Deirdre runs into Wendy when she goes to the Recorder office to drop off bills. They exchange barbed insults. Ivy gets Don to promise not to go looking for trouble. Bet finds Alec making plans to have the Ardens over for dinner. She realises he's setting himself up for disappointment and reveals that Sandra only made an effort at the party when Tim made her. Alec tells her she's got it wrong and accuses her of being jealous. Ken tells Wendy that he's sold out to the Gazette. Wendy doesn't like that he's giving up everything for her. Ivy is confused when she rings one of Don's colleagues to pass on a message to Don and hears he's finished for the night. At the estate where he saw the youth, Don waits in his cab.
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Tina Fowler - Michelle Holmes
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Jim's Cafe
- 47 Church Road - Living room and hallway
- Weatherfield Recorder - Office
- Brierley Garden Estate
- TV Times synopsis: Bet realises she will have to shatter Alec’s illusions before he gets hurt. But will he pay any attention? Don’s behaviour is worrying Ivy, especially when he disappears.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 20,890,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
|January 1990 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Fri 19th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st