Jim resigns himself to losing the job to Johnny Johnson. Mike discovers his travel bag order has been cancelled. Rita feels that she would like to move out of No.7 as it's full of bad memories. Mike is outraged to discover his workers have undercut him. Derek arrives for his interview with Victor expecting to be mocked but is instead swept along with Victor's passion for the paper recycling business. Victor takes him on as a sales rep. Maurice Jones shows Rita the new shop unit at No.2 and the flat above as she considers transferring the Kabin to Coronation Street. Liz tells one-time lover Johnny about Jim wanting the job and how she doesn't want him to have it. Mike guesses that Don put Ivy up to forming the co-operative and warns him the rules are off. Johnny goes for his interview and tells them he doesn't want the job. Jim is determined to get it for himself. Rita decides to buy the new shop and flat opposite Alf's from Maurice Jones.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Tina Fowler - Michelle Holmes
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Maurice Jones - Alan Moore
- Johnny Johnson - Vincenzo Ricotta
- Victor Pendlebury - Christopher Coll
- Peter Ingram - Tony Osoba
- Despatch Man - Gordon Wharmby
- Jill Orwell - Val Elliott
- Josie Phillips - Siobhan Finneran
- Marge Butler - Sherry Ormerod
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 6 Coronation Street (See notes)
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- No. 6 Quebec House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- Sharp Lane Industrial Estate
- Ingram's Textiles - Factory floor and loading bay
- Pendlebury Paper Products - Warehouse and office
- Audrey Roberts (Sue Nicholls) is credited but doesn't appear.
- The empty shell of the newly-built No.6 as seen in this episode when Maurice Jones leaves the house was recorded on the outdoor set. The studio set appeared for the first time in Episode 3034 (21st February 1990).
- TV Times synopsis: Rita Fairclough decides it is time to leave her house of bad memories. Will Liz remain silent when she discovers the true reason behind Johnny's visit?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 21,730,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|February 1990 episodes|
|Fri 2nd • Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Fri 16th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Mon 26th • Wed 28th