Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||9th April 1990 (Monday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Paul Abbott|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||6th April 1990|
|Next episode||11th April 1990|
Wendy is anxious that Ken gets on with Sylvia Crozier who she reveals is in fact not her mother but her stepmother. Jack starts work on the bike, but Vera doesn't share his enthusiasm. Ken is disappointed that Tracy doesn't mind not seeing him at the weekend. Wendy tells him she's being more grown up than him and demands that he make an effort for Sylvia. Tracy thinks Deirdre should start seeing other men, like Dave. Vera changes her mind about the bike when Curly points out that she'll know where Jack is and what he's doing, and it may supplant his pigeons in his affections. Rita packs to move into the new flat and throws away the biscuit tin containing the deeds to No.7, reminded of Alan's deceit. Wendy picks up Sylvia from the train station and returns to find Ken AWOL. Sylvia susses that Ken is more recently separated than she was led to believe. Deirdre enjoys Dave's company and doesn't mind when he asks her personal questions. Ken returns, having been for a walk to get space. Sylvia senses the bad atmosphere between Ken and Wendy and they have a row in front of her. Wendy feels that his obsession with Deirdre and Tracy is ruining their relationship. Rita starts stocking her new shop. Vera returns home intending to show Jack her support but is upset to find bike bits all over the house.
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Felicity Khan - Rita Wolf
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Mark Casey - Stuart Wolfenden
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Wendy Crozier - Roberta Kerr
- Customer - Gill Waugh
- Sylvia Crozier - Avril Angers
- Dave Barton - David Beckett
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and yard
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- 47 Church Road - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- Bettabuy - Shop floor
- The new Kabin set makes its first appearance in this episode.
- TV Times synopsis: For years Vera has been urging Jack to take up a worthwhile pastime. Now he has a hobby, why isn't she so keen? And how will Ken get on with Wendy's mother?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 19,330,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|April 1990 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Mon 16th
Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Mon 30th