Laurie gets Dennis to chase up unpaid commissions. Dennis is forced to put Walter on the firm's books. Albert tells Alf that Frank was only boasting about another shop. Laurie turns up at No.11 with his car and Elsie agrees to go out with him.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Last appearance of Alf Roberts until 6th March 1967.
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie dresses up, and Dennis gets a dressing down
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 9,170,000 homes (2nd place). This was the programme's highest rating to date and the highest-rated episode of the year. Apart from programmes broadcast on both television channels (e.g. political broadcasts), it was also the second-most watched television programme in the UK in 1963, beaten only by that year's Royal Variety Performance.
|November 1963 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|