Curly plans to live in Hartlepool during the week and at the Duckworths' at the weekend. Vera is upset with him for abandoning Kimberley. Curly tells her it's none of her business. Flick tells Joanne to stay away from Steve. Alma feels that Mike is not committed to her. Alec has a meeting with his solicitor. Joanne calls Steve at the first opportunity and they arrange a date. Andy watches as Steve takes Joanne boating. Alec makes Betty and Jack witness his will. Jack assumes he's a beneficiary although Betty is quick to inform him that as a witness he definitely isn't! Flick worries when she can't find Joanne. Liz is annoyed when she casts aspersions on Steve, and tells her Joanne did all the running. Flick is afraid of having to tell her parents Joanne has got into trouble. Andy tells Flick that Steve and Joanne have been together at North Cross Park. Vera comes round to the idea of Curly working away and tells Curly that she'll look after Kimberley, causing him worry. Jim takes Steve to task when he lies about his whereabouts. Curly suggests to Kimberley that she doesn't see much of Vera while he's away. Betty tells Bet that Alec has made a new will. Steve calls Andy a grass. Andy goes for Steve when he tells him Joanne said he was boring. Jim and Liz break it up.
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregory
- Felicity Khan - Rita Wolf
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Tina Fowler - Michelle Holmes
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Kimberley Taylor - Suzanne Hall
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, hallway and Andy and Steve's bedroom
- Jim's Cafe
- Bettabuy - Shop floor
- North Cross Park
- Valentino Musetti was credited as the Fight Arranger on this episode.
- The scenes at Weatherfield's North Cross Park were shot at Heaton Park.
- TV Times synopsis: Liz McDonald realises Flick's concern over her sister's behaviour might be justified as Steve and Andy come to blows. Alec has a secret.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 15,520,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|July 1990 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Mon 16th
Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Mon 30th