Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||27th July 1990 (Friday)|
|Story editor||Paul Abbott|
|Story associates|| Trevor Suthers|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||25th July 1990|
|Next episode||30th July 1990|
Vera fears that she's going to lose Curly. Steve tries to arrange to use a mechanic's tools to fix the bike in exchange for a few days labour. When the man refuses due to his age, Steve dumps the bike in a silage site. Joanne panics about their lack of money and blames Steve for spending what they had. Mr Khan calls No.7 and tells Jenny he's on his way up. Steve and Joanne are taken on at a hotel at £1.50 an hour, plus accommodation. Curly is made official deputy manager at Bettabuy with a £20 a week pay rise. Pleased with himself, he demands an improvement at home or he'll move out. Joanne is horrified to learn that the job's washing-up and they have to share a double bed. Kimberley tells Curly she hates the way he has changed and pours a pint over him in the Rovers. Steve grows tired of Joanne's moaning. Flick dreads her dad's arrival and asks Liz not to tell him she pushed to call the police earlier. Joanne packs and leaves the hotel and starts to hitchhike. Steve calls her a bitch for leaving and asks her not to tell anyone where he is. Alec annoys Bet by insinuating that she only cares about money. Curly tells Kimberley that he loves her and promises to go to Barmouth. Mr Khan turns up at No.7.
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregory
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Felicity Khan - Rita Wolf
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Kimberley Taylor - Suzanne Hall
- Joanne Khan - Tania Rodrigues
- Hotel Manager - Andy Hay
- Mechanic - Richard Mapletoft
- Mr Khan - Marc Zuber
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and yard
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- The Ullswater Hotel, Lake District - Exterior, kitchens and staff quarters
- Patterdale village and garage
- The scene of Steve and Joanne with the mechanic was shot outside the White Lion Inn on the A592 road in Patterdale. The Inn on the Lake, further north along the A592 in Glenridding, doubled for The Ullswater Hotel.
- TV Times synopsis: Runaway Joanne finds herself in a potentially dangerous situation. Curly’s friends wonder if there is method in his apparent madness.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,120,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
|July 1990 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Mon 16th
Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Mon 30th