Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||10th September 1990 (Monday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Trevor Suthers|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||7th September 1990|
|Next episode||12th September 1990|
Liz thinks Audrey was just joking as she wouldn't throw away the security she has with Alf but Jim isn't sure. Mavis is late for work and is distracted when she gets there because of Harry. Feeling guilty, she decides to contact Mrs Featherstone. Deirdre and Dave apologise to each other but Ken continues to cast a shadow over their relationship. Audrey calls Jim out again to her TV, saying the colour isn't right. Derek buys a budgie to give to Mrs Featherstone, passing it off as Boris, but without telling Mavis. Mavis takes Harry round to the Feathersones', where son Darren takes the budgie in. Jim doesn't believe there's anything wrong with Audrey's TV and waits until later to go, hoping that Alf will be home. He's disappointed when Alf isn't there and Audrey tries to flirt again. Mrs Featherstone is annoyed that Darren has taken Harry in after she took "Boris" from Derek. She returns Harry to Mavis. Dave tells Ken to stay away from Deirdre. Ken tells him it's none of his business. Jim takes the TV in and shocks Audrey by telling her he's not interested in her; she's just a frustrated housewife.
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop - Shop and stockroom
- The Kabin
- 5 Grasmere Drive - Living room and hallway
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- TV Times synopsis: Jim McDonald tries to get out of a difficult situation without insulting a lady. Derek and Rita hatch a plot to ease Mavis’ troubled conscience.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,080,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|September 1990 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Mon 17th
Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th