Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||17th September 1990 (Monday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Trevor Suthers|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||14th September 1990|
|Next episode||19th September 1990|
Mike plans a party to get to know Jackie Ingram better. Jim casually mentions to Liz that he packed in his job. Audrey tells Alf she wouldn't give Jim the time of day and threatens to confront Jim unless he tells her that he trusts her. He says he does. Liz wants to have it out with Audrey for causing Jim problems at work. Jim says it was a long time coming as he didn't like the way Frank Gregson expected him to rip people off. Alf stops Audrey from having a doorstep row with the McDonalds. Ralph Dobson is appalled at Mike's business techniques. With the Rovers short-staffed, Liz asks Bet for a job. Bet takes her on even though she has no bar experience. Mike urges Jackie to continue to operate at capacity despite the recession as he's trying to clinch a deal with Phil Jennings that will see them through. Ivy can't stop thinking about the Spiritualism and "Brian". Liz has second thoughts about the job when Alec asks her to dress more provocatively. Jim isn't happy about her working in the Rovers and he warns a customer off who leers at her. Ivy decides to go to the Spiritualist meeting with Vera to set her mind at ease.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Mark Casey - Stuart Wolfenden
- Jackie Ingram - Shirin Taylor
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen, hallway and yard
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- No. 6 Quebec House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- Ingram's Textiles - Offices
- TV Times synopsis: Alec is shocked when he finds out who Bet has taken on as barmaid at the Rovers Return. Jim and Alf both have to restrain their wives from turning the Street into a war zone.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,350,000 viewers (4th place - combined figure including repeat).
Bet Gilroy: "There's me and Duck egg like a couple of dancing Derbyshires, and you with a mouthful of nails deciding to worry about the stair carpet?"
Alec Gilroy: "I can't do right for you, can I?"
Bet Gilroy: "You can get in there... while I go and throw boiled ham at some baps."
|September 1990 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Mon 17th
Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th