Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||24th September 1990 (Monday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Trevor Suthers|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||21st September 1990|
|Next episode||26th September 1990|
Mike worries about his future. Don apologises to Ivy for rowing and admits that he hates that she thinks someone else can give her something he can't. He is still against the Spiritualism and tells her she's not to go back. Jim considers going into the bike business and he makes Liz see that he has to do something to tide him over. Ivy can't get Brian out of her mind and breaks down at work. Betty returns to the Rovers after being off sick. Alec thinks Liz spends too much time chatting to her friends and ignores customers. Jackie Ingram is puzzled when Mike tells her he thinks that she's doing the right thing by selling up. Ken stuns Deirdre by asking her to see a Marriage Guidance person with him. She tells him that it's over - he doesn't understand. Jackie begins to like Mike's company. Alec changes his tune over Liz and tells Betty she wasn't missed while she was away. Bet notices that Betty seems out of sorts. Laura Collins accompanies Ivy to a Spiritualist meeting. Jim realises that he's going to have to break into his army gratuity. He buys a Kawasaki GPX 750R for £2,000 from a friend of Kevin's. Mike blows Alma off to spend the evening with Jackie. The Medium gives Ivy a message from a "Martin". Don is furious that she is still going. She thinks that Martin is in danger.
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Jackie Ingram - Shirin Taylor
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- No. 6 Quebec House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- 17 Elmgate Gardens - Living room and hallway
- Ingram's Textiles - Factory floor, office and staff canteen
- Weatherfield Spiritualist Church - Interior
- A woman in the congregation at Weatherfield Spiritualist Church is uncredited, despite having lines of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: Mike tries a change of tactics in his battle to come out tops at the factory. Liz is alarmed when Jim makes a grand gesture in order to start a new business.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,440,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
|September 1990 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Mon 17th
Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th