|ITV transmission date||26th September 1990 (Monday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Trevor Suthers|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||24th September 1990|
|Next episode||28th September 1990|
Mike plans to win Jackie's friendship and later influence her over the factory. Against Don's advice, Ivy tells Gail about "Martin"'s car crash that an "Elizabeth" was mentioned. Gail says Martin doesn't know any Elizabeths but is worried. Jim buys a load of spares but Liz refuses to let him carry them through the house. Phyllis tries to get Percy to join an art class with her. Bet wonders what's behind Betty's sudden rattiness. Deirdre realises that Ken could use her affair with Mike against her in the divorce after talking to Liz. Phyllis tries to tempt Percy into going to the art class by telling him there will be nude models there. He is insulted. Bet finds out from Betty that Alec has been hinting that they might get rid of her. Bet tells her they're not and makes Alec to apologise to her. Audrey tells Don that Ivy has been upsetting Gail. The Kawasaki arrives. Liz drops off boxes for Jim's spares to show that she supports him. Deirdre tells Ken she'll drop the divorce if he moves out of the Street. Don orders Ivy to drop the spiritualism before everyone starts snubbing them. Martin rows with Ivy in the Rovers. Bet is stunned as she listens to the row and Alec finds her confused in the living room.
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Jackie Ingram - Shirin Taylor
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and yard
- Corner Shop
- Jim's Cafe
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room/kitchen
- No. 6 Quebec House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- Ingram's Textiles - Manager's office
- The part of the Delivery Van driver is not credited although the character has a line of dialogue.
- This episode marks the 2,000th appearance of William Roache in the role of Ken Barlow. He was the first actor in the programme to achieve this milestone.
- TV Times synopsis: Alec faces a hard day as his barmaids clash and Bet receives disturbing news about someone from her past. Ken finally gets some good news from Deirdre.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,130,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1990-1999, released on 5th September 2011.
|September 1990 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Mon 17th
Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th