Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st October 1990 (Monday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Trevor Suthers|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||28th September 1990|
|Next episode||3rd October 1990|
Alma is annoyed that she rarely sees Mike. Builders start working under the viaduct. Tracy is upset that Deirdre is going ahead with the divorce. Mike discovers from Ralph Dobson that Jackie has a buyer coming to see the factory. Mrs Jeffers, headmistress at Weatherfield Comprehensive, asks Ken to crack down on truancy. Bikers descend on No.11. Sally reveals to Emily that Ken has given Alf his notice from the flat. Charlie Travers's offer for the factory is too low. Mike tells Jackie that it's the wrong time to sell. Jim buys an old pickup truck for £600 and two bikes for £200. Liz is horrified. Deirdre is surprised but pleased to hear about Ken leaving. Ken tells Tracy that he's applied for a job in Kent as he wants a fresh start. Ivy attends an open circle meeting at the spiritualist church. Alma is amused to discover Travers was put up by Mike. Don is relieved when Ivy says she's finished with the meetings. She stuns him by saying she can hear the spirits herself.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Jackie Ingram - Shirin Taylor
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Ralph Dobson - Michael Lees
- Mrs Jeffers - Romy Baskerville
- Laura Collins - Lynda Rooke
- Charles Travers - Andrew McCulloch
- Gary - John Thomson (Credited as "John Patrick Thomson")
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room
- Corner Shop
- Jim's Cafe
- No. 6 Quebec House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- Ingram's Textiles - Factory floor, office and loading bay
- Weatherfield Comprehensive - Stairway
- John Thomson makes a pre-Jesse Chadwick appearance as Gary the biker.
- TV Times synopsis: Jackie thinks she has found a buyer for the factory. Why doesn't Mike seem bothered? Tracy uncovers Ken’s plans for the future.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,620,000 viewers (4th place - combined figure including repeat).
|October 1990 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Fri 19th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st