Ralph Dobson accuses Mike of setting him up and promises he won't get away with it. Ivy doesn't understand why people don't want to hear from their loved ones as she would do anything for Brian to get in touch. Jim tackles Mavis about her complaints. He tells her he's just earning a living and thinks she's a snob when she says it'll affect the house prices on the new side of the street. Ken decides to stay in Weatherfield. Don smoothes things over with Emily. Ken catches Andy and Tracy playing the machines in an arcade during their lunch break. Tracy promises Ken that she won't go again. He agrees not to tell Deirdre. Dobson walks out of the factory after considering resigning. Don feels Ivy has turned to spiritualism as she's dissatisfied with their marriage. Gail is worried she'll frighten the children. Don asks Ivy to be normal again. Ivy reveals that Bert got in touch last night and told her to stop meddling. She has decided to take his advice and give it up, and plans to go to see the priest for confession. Mike celebrates getting rid of Dobson and feels he's now the power behind the throne. Dobson gives Jackie his resignation. He is sad to go due to their friendship and advises her to get rid of Mike as he's poison.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Jackie Ingram - Shirin Taylor
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop - Shop and stockroom
- The Kabin
- Ingram's Textiles - Office and factory floor
- Weatherfield Comprehensive - Classroom
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- Amusement arcade
- This episode marks the 2,000th appearance of William Roache in the role of Ken Barlow. He was the first actor in the programme to achieve this milestone.
- Romy Baskerville is credited as Mrs Jeffers but does not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Jim comes into conflict with the neighbours over his latest venture. Ken makes an alarming discovery while on duty at school.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,740,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
|October 1990 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Fri 19th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st