Liz thinks that Jim is spending too much on the business. Mike expects Jackie to offer him a pay rise to remain. Jenny delays her return to Poly until she decides what she wants from her future. Mike is annoyed when Jackie takes the news of his new job lightly and doesn't beg him to stay. Angie informs Rita that Jenny is thinking of giving up on her studies. Tracy gives Ken a birthday card and thanks him for not telling Deirdre about her playing truant, however Deirdre finds out about it from the school. Rita tries to convince Jenny to stick at it. Jackie tells Mike she needs him and asks him to stall his new job for two months. She tells him that he'll be in charge and offers him more money. Mike plays it cool, telling her he'll think about it. Deirdre accuses Andy of encouraging Tracy to bunk off. Jenny is summoned to a meeting with her college adviser, Mr Robbins. She decides to return to Poly. Deirdre is shocked when Tracy thinks Ken has told her about the arcade. Ken tells Deirdre that he wants to sort the problem out with her. She thinks he wants Tracy's bad behaviour to continue in the hope that it'll bring them together and tells him that she'll deal with it on her own.
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Jackie Ingram - Shirin Taylor
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 15a Coronation Street - Living room
- Viaduct Street
- Jim's Bike Shop
- The Kabin
- No. 6 Quebec House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen
- Ingram's Textiles - Office and factory floor
- Weatherfield Comprehensive - Corridor
- Lynne Perrie (Ivy Brennan) is credited but does not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Jim proudly presents his new business premises to Liz - but why isn't she happy about it? Mike finds the game at Ingrams moving out of his control.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,010,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
|October 1990 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Fri 19th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st