|ITV transmission date||15th October 1990 (Monday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Trevor Suthers|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||12th October 1990|
|Next episode||17th October 1990|
Sandra Rogers is not pleased that Mike is now General Manager. Kevin teases Mark about turning twenty-one. Alma is proud of Mike for landing on his feet but her bragging about it to all and sundry causes irritation. Bet looks forward to her holiday in Madeira. Rita suggests she go shopping in London beforehand. Jenny tells Rita that she was thrown off the course when she urges her to change her mind about packing it in. Deirdre tackles the arcade manager, Dean Lockwood, about letting underage kids in and gets a lot of cheek. She tells him that she's going to stop him. Mike gives Sandra a telling off for not putting an advert for a new Work's Manager in the Gaztte and reduces her to tears. Jackie reprimands him, to his fury. Deirdre is annoyed when Ken visits her just to report that Tracy has been behaving. He feels he can't win. Alec forces Bet to settle for a shopping spree in Manchester instead of London. The Caseys plan Mark's twenty-first birthday. Deirdre vows to keep underage kids out of the arcade.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Jackie Ingram - Shirin Taylor
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Mark Casey - Stuart Wolfenden
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Sandra Rogers - Kate Brisley
- Laura Collins - Lynda Rooke
- Tom Casey - Edward Clayton
- Dean Lockwood - Chris Hargreaves
- Young Girl - Claire Andreanna Bell
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- Casey's Garage
- Ingram's Textiles - Offices and exterior
- Amusement arcade
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- Coronation Street's sixth title sequence made its debut with this episode. The cat that appears within the sequence was Frisky, chosen from 5,000 candidates suggested by viewers and belonging to John Rimington of Leeds.
- TV Times synopsis: Now that Mike has established his new empire, he sets about making it more secure.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,150,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
Rita Fairclough: "Madeira! Oh it sounds fabulous. Well it does, dun't it? I mean, Madeira. It's got a ring to it. You know like, like 'nectarine'. Whereabouts is Madeira?"
Bet Gilroy: "It's somewhere near Tenerife. Down that way... you know, south of Bournemouth."
|October 1990 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Fri 19th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st