Steph interests Jenny in a perfume demonstrator job. Ken helps out with the school hockey trials. Mark is annoyed when Kevin doesn't turn up for work. Tracy tries hard to get into the hockey team. Ken tries to find out who sent Deirdre the flowers but Tracy doesn't know. Phil Jennings thinks his arcades keep children off the streets. Deirdre tells him she's prepared to fight him if things don't improve. Jenny has an interview at Ashcroft Department Store, where Steph works. Kevin finds it hard looking for another job. Sally advises him to return to the garage but he refuses, so Mark tells him to get knotted. Jenny gets the job. Kevin agrees to work a months' notice when he goes to the garage to collect his wrench. Alec auditions tenor Tudor Parry-Jones. His loud voice carries into the bar and No.1. With Phil at No.1, Ken is surprised to see his Mercedes parked outside the house. Bet tells him it'll be Tudor's. Phil invites Deirdre for a meal to discuss his idea of donating sports equipment to the school.
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Steph Barnes - Amelia Bullmore
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Mark Casey - Stuart Wolfenden
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Phil Jennings - Tommy Boyle
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss (Credited as "Phillip Middlemiss")
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Albert Street
- Casey's Garage
- Weatherfield Comprehensive - Playing fields
- Ashcroft Department Store, Manchester - Perfume counter and escalator
- TV Times synopsis: How will Mark cope at the garage without Kevin? And the residents have no option but to listen as Alec holds an audition.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,510,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
Bet Gilroy: "There's a fella in the bar wants to see you. He says summat about you could be looking for a tenor."
Alec Gilroy: "My God, he's flamin' pyschic! I'm looking for a hundred-and-fifty quid actually, according to these accounts."
|October 1990 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Fri 19th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st