Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||2nd November 1990 (Friday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Trevor Suthers|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||31st October 1990|
|Next episode||5th November 1990|
Alec is furious that people could think he sold Derek the holiday because he knew about the bankruptcy. He considers suing Rita for slander. The Wiltons spend a second night at the airport. Mavis wants to go home but Derek insists on waiting to see if there's news. Rita tells Alec she'll believe his innocence when he convinces the Wiltons. Ken tells Deirdre to be careful of Phil - he's using an assumed name. Deirdre tells him that he's pathetic. Alec is sick of everyone's snide remarks and goes to the airport to make the Wiltons see that he hasn't conned them but they turn on him. Phil tells Deirdre that he changed his name from Smith when he came out of prison. Deirdre admires his honesty. Alec drives the Wiltons home but when they continue to blame him, he loses his temper and dumps them on the roadside. Jackie asks Mike to attend a conference in Harrogate with her for a few days. Ken thinks Deirdre is a fool for standing by Phil. The Wiltons return home by taxi to find that they've been burgled.
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Jackie Ingram - Shirin Taylor
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Desmond Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Stephanie Barnes - Amelia Bullmore
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Phil Jennings - Tommy Boyle
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- The Kabin
- Ingram's Textiles - Office
- Manchester Airport - Terminal building
- Princess Parkway, Manchester
- The scene where Alec pulls over and throws the Wiltons and their luggage out of his car was recorded at Princess Road / A5103, opposite the entrance to Whitechurch Road in Manchester. The junction where Alec stops the vehicle, removed since 1990, led into a car park for the Hough End playing fields.
- TV Times synopsis: Ken has news that he feels will change Deirdre’s attitude towards Phil Jennings.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,700,000 viewers (9th place - combined figure including repeat).
|November 1990 episodes|
|Fri 2nd • Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Fri 16th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Mon 26th • Wed 28th • Fri 30th