Rita worries about Mavis running away to the past, before she moved or married Derek. Percy tries to get the milkman to reinstate No.3 on his round, but he only agrees to deliver a bottle for Emily. Ken receives the solicitor's letter and immediately confronts Deirdre about it. He asks her to deal with him directly and not through the courts before begging her to forgive him and take him back. She accuses him of persecuting her. Mark works on persuading Jenny to let him live with her. Derek doesn't see what more he can do to bring Mavis home. Rita suggests he comes over later and they'll gently nudge Mavis into leaving. Alec contacts his credit card company. Angie is annoyed at Mark's plans to oust her. Bet wonders what Alec is up to when he buys Percy a drink on the house. Derek asks Mavis to come home. He acts out when Mavis says they should move. Bet is amazed when Alec says he intends to give the Wiltons their money back - all £800 of it. Jenny tells Mark to give her time. Phil and a heavy, Benny, tell Ken to keep away from Deirdre. Ken notes the car's number plate but his witness indicates that he'll deny seeing anything.
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Mark Casey - Stuart Wolfenden
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Phil Jennings - Tommy Boyle
- Jenny Bradley - Sally Ann Matthews
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and yard
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 10a Coronation Street - Living room
- The Kabin - Stockroom
- Casey's Garage
- Weatherfield Comprehensive - Exterior
- Unknown streets in Weatherfield
- Unnamed garage - Forecourt
- TV Times synopsis: As Deirdre finally reaches the end of her tether with Ken, Phil decides it's time he took a hand in the matter. And Mark plans to get his feet firmly under Jenny’s table.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 17,340,000 viewers (4th place - combined figure including repeat).
Derek Wilton: "You and I might see a dead hedgehog and maybe give a sigh. But with Mavis, it's like a great wind blowing through a forest - where every branch is sorrow and every leaf is green with pity."
|November 1990 episodes|
|Fri 2nd • Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Fri 9th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Fri 16th
Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Fri 23rd • Mon 26th • Wed 28th • Fri 30th