Mike plans a night with Jackie and tells Alma he's meeting clients in Rotherham and staying overnight. Ken thinks Deirdre and Phil are no longer an item and arranges to meet Deirdre at the Rovers. The Wiltons and Pendleburys lunch together. Mavis tries to be adventurous with her order to distance herself from indecisive Yvonne. Victor accuses Derek of not liking Yvonne. Des keeps on at Steph to resign from her evening job. At the Ingram's Christmas party, Jackie thanks the staff and praises Mike. Before setting out on a date with Phil, Deirdre stops by the Rovers for one drink so that Ken will see that they haven't split up. Alma admits to Audrey that she realises Mike is having an affair but doesn't want to challenge him as he'll choose Jackie. She decides to wait it out, hoping it'll fizzle out. Steph returns home to an empty house and a note saying "ta ta" from Des. Ivy catches Mike and Jackie in an (innocent) embrace.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Stephanie Barnes - Amelia Bullmore
- Desmond Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Mark Casey - Stuart Wolfenden
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Jackie Ingram - Shirin Taylor
- Phil Jennings - Tommy Boyle
- Victor Pendlebury - Christopher Coll
- Yvonne Pendlebury - Mary Healey
- Laura Collins - Lynda Rooke
- Amanda Worsley - Sarah Nixon
- Waiter - Paul Kissaun
- Disc Jockey - Al Rockwell
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin - Shop and stockroom
- Ingram's Textiles - Factory floor and offices
- No. 6 Quebec House, Weatherfield Quays - Living room/kitchen and bedroom
- Unnamed restaurant
- Clive Parnell (Chris Humphreys) is credited, but doesn't appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Ingrams' Christmas party is a huge success. Why isn't organiser Ivy happy? Alma opens her heart to Audrey.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 18,090,000 viewers (6th place - combined figure including repeat).
Yvonne Pendlebury (with reference to Monkfish): "I just wanted to know it's not one of those kind of fish with very ugly faces."
Derek Wilton: "You're going to eat it, not enter it for a beauty competition!"
|December 1990 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th • Mon 17th
Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Mon 24th • Tue 25th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th • Mon 31st