|ITV transmission date||23rd December 1963 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||18th December 1963|
|Next episode||25th December 1963|
Ena agrees to having Walter's party at the Mission Hall. The Walkers are denied a holiday as the Brewery can only provide a relief on Christmas Day. Esther arrives to tell everyone she's been promoted to Glasgow. Val realises she'll be stuck with Dave over Christmas. Myra makes a suggestion to liven up the party and Dennis, Len and Albert start making secret plans. They have a lucky dip to decide who on the Street will be their 'victim'.
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Myra Booth - Susan Jameson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Esther Hayes - Daphne Oxenford
- First appearance of Esther Hayes since 26th June 1963.
- TV Times synopsis: Some snags in Walter's party plans, and Myra has a bright idea.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,559,000 homes (1st place).
|December 1963 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|