Steph refuses to do Des's washing. Alec thinks Alf wants to stand and only declined because Audrey won't allow it. Raquel refuses to go to Buxton with anyone but Curly. Curly worries that Reg will hold him responsible if she pulls out and damage his career. Alec tries to talk Audrey round but she holds firm; even the idea of being a councillor's wife and the perks that come with it has no effect on her. Reg insists that he's the man to calm Raquel's nerves over Buxton. Curly unveils the book of raffle tickets which Rita's ticket from the trolley dash came from; he took it from Reg's desk just before Brendan Scott began his investigation. He offers to lose the book if Reg drops out of Buxton. Deirdre advises Steph to let Des think that he's got his own way so they don't end up splitting up. Reg agrees not to go to Buxton. Liz disagrees with Jim about Andy's book and asks Steve to have a word with Andy. He can't as he has a bet on with him. Audrey decides not to go to the WARTS dinner tomorrow night as she finds them boring. Steph does the washing up but warns Des that he's still doing half the work. When Des refuses to dry up, Steph throws the clean plates at him. Ken overhears Jim telling Alec about Andy's book.
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Stephanie Barnes - Amelia Bullmore
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Jim's Cafe
- Bettabuy - Shop floor and manager's office
- A customer at Bettabuy is uncredited, despite a line of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: Jim discovers that gossiping can cause trouble. The Barneses have a smashing time.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,740,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
|March 1991 episodes|
|Fri 1st • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Fri 22nd • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th