|ITV transmission date||25th March 1991 (Monday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Trevor Suthers|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||22nd March 1991|
|Next episode||27th March 1991|
Ken asks Andy not to give up school; he's too bright. Jim resists the temptation to start another row with Ken. Mike agrees to view a house in the country with Jackie. Ivy assumes a wedding is in the offing as they won't want people gossiping about them. Liz is surprised when Deirdre asks her to be her agent in the elections. Jim is annoyed that Andy blames him for the book backfiring; for talking in the Rovers about it. Gail offers to baby-mind Rosie for Sally so that she can return to work part-time. Des offers Angie £5 an hour to clean the house but she refuses as it's a tip. Jackie thinks it makes sense for her to marry Mike and gets him to propose. Audrey thinks Gail needs to get out of the house and offers Martin Alf's money to take Gail out while she baby-sits the kids. Mike and Jackie view the house. Emily expects to be Deirdre's agent again and is upset when she discovers that Liz is. Deirdre thought she'd be busy running the charity shop. Jim hears that his mother in Belfast has taken a bad turn and makes plans to see her immediately. Martin sees that Gail would like to return to cafe and offers to take her place looking after the children, as he promised to do when she got pregnant with David.
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Sarah Louise Tilsley - Lynsay King
- David Tilsley - Thomas Ormson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Jackie Ingram - Shirin Taylor
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Rosie Webster - Emma Collinge
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Rosamund Street
- Jim's Cafe
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room and kitchen
- Ingram's Textiles - Offices
- Calveley Hall, Cheshire - Exterior, main staircase, landing, master bedroom and children's room
- First appearance of Nicky Tilsley since 28th December 1990.
- First appearance of Sarah Louise Tilsley since 28th December 1990.
- TV Times synopsis: Bad news makes the McDonalds alter their plans and pushes Andy’s problems into the background. Sally considers returning to work, but what will she do with Rosie?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 16,240,000 viewers (3rd place).
Angie Freeman: "That's your answer to everything in't it? Well I don't agree with it and I'm not doing it."
Des Barnes: "Why not?"
Angie Freeman: "I'll tell you why not, Des. Your sort... you're all wine bars and skiing holidays and XR3i's, but behind yer lace curtains and double glazing you're just a slob, aren't yer?"
|March 1991 episodes|
|Fri 1st • Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Fri 8th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Fri 15th
Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Fri 22nd • Mon 25th • Wed 27th • Fri 29th