|ITV transmission date||26th April 1991 (Friday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Trevor Suthers|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||24th April 1991|
|Next episode||29th April 1991|
One of Alf's WARTS pals gets him an interview on Radio Weatherfield, on "Shop talk". Bettabuy provide the refreshments for the Fashion Show. Jeff Longton does a glowing article on Deirdre in the Gazette. Phil phones into Alf's radio phone-in and asks him about his relationship with Vivian Barford. Audrey and Deirdre are horrified. Alf tries to convince Audrey that Vivian is just a friend. Curly helps Angie backstage. When one of the male models is sick, Angie asks him to go on but he refuses. Angie breaks down but Raquel models to great acclaim, making Angie proud.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Phil Jennings - Tommy Boyle
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop - Shop and stockroom
- Bettabuy - Shop floor
- Radio Weatherfield - Reception and studio
- Manchester Polytechnic - Hall
- TV Times synopsis: The models walk the catwalk at Angie’s fashion show. The residents learn something new about their local grocer on Radio Weatherfield.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,600,000 viewers (6th place - combined figure including repeat).
Alec Gilroy (following Alf Roberts' radio interview): "It's a disaster. We're doomed, Bet. You realise that don't yer? Here's me worked all me life for the good of others to be stabbed in the back by Fattie Arbuckle!"
Bet Gilroy: "Are you sure you knew nowt about it?"
Alec Gilroy: "Well of course I didn't. He comes in 'ere for a couple of pints, a bag of pork scratchings... I mean, I thought he went straight back to Grasmere Drive to watch News at Ten with a mug of cocoa. Instead of which it turns out he's a flamin' sex maniac... cruising the back streets in his Montego. I'm tellin' ya, it's a disaster."
|April 1991 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Mon 15th
Wed 17th • Fri 19th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Mon 29th