Lucille is delighted when Harry tells her she can go to Walter's concert at the Palais. Ken goes after promotion as Head of English on an extra £150 a year. Dennis gets the job at Amalgamated Steel. The Hewitts worry that Christopher's coughing will get worse living in the Street. Ken argues for a crossing on Rosamund Street. Val thinks he's putting his promotion in jeopardy.
- Mr. Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Myra Booth - Susan Jameson
- TV Times synopsis: A job for Dennis, and Kenneth starts out on a crusade.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,832,000 homes (3rd place).
|January 1964 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|