Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||7th June 1991 (Friday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Trevor Suthers|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||5th June 1991|
|Next episode||10th June 1991|
The Duckworths put the new wallpaper up. Steph assures Steve that she hasn't been making a joke about his feelings. He agrees to be friends with her. Audrey wants Ivy out of the shop but doesn't want to work there herself. Mr Thomas of the insurance company tells the Duckworths they don't believe the claim for the hallway is true and refuse to pay anything. Steve refuses to listen to Liz going on about Steph and tells her to gossip in the corner shop if she wants to talk about her. Vera is furious with Jack for trying to get the hall on the claim. He promises to pay for the decorations himself. Derek buys a sunlounger for Mavis. Audrey leaves Alf. Des installs the motor after Kevin has tuned it up. The motion of the motor makes the boat topple over, crushing the Wiltons' fence and sunlounger.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Stephanie Barnes - Amelia Bullmore
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 4 Coronation Street - Garden
- 6 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms and garden
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Jim's Bike Shop
- The Kabin
- 5 Grasmere Drive - Living room
- Insurance shop
- TV Times synopsis: The Duckworths start to decorate, but will the job ever be finished? And Mavis discovers that her own back garden isn't a safe place in which to sit.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,630,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1990-1999, released on 5th September 2011.
|June 1991 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th