Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st July 1991 (Monday)|
|Story editor||Tom Elliott|
|Story associates|| Trevor Suthers|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||28th June 1991|
|Next episode||3rd July 1991|
Ivy refuses to stop on at the shop anymore out of loyalty. She's starting at Bettabuy. Emily enjoyed the peace and tranquility of Rhos-on-Sea. Deirdre discovers the arcade managers haven't been paid recently. Dean Lockwood tells her that Phil often has cash flow problems. Alma and Gail tell Audrey to pull herself together. Rita feels sorry for Alf. Ralph Dobson contacts Jackie and arranges a private meeting. Rita lectures Audrey on what a mess she's making of her life. She makes her see that she needs Alf. Audrey goes to make up with Alf but when she sees Ivy at the shop she changes her mind. Phil tells Mike that he needs money for a deal and asks for a £6,000 loan. Mike says he can't help him until after the wedding. Ralph tells Jackie that his new firm wants to buy Ingram's. Ivy calls on Audrey and tells her that Alf has collapsed in the shop and has been taken to hospital.
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Jackie Ingram - Shirin Taylor
- Phil Jennings - Tommy Boyle
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin - Shop and stockroom
- PJ Promotions
- Rosamund Street
- Jim's Cafe
- Ingram's Textiles - Offices and exterior
- The Yew Tree Pub - Public
- This episode had to be rewritten following Bryan Mosley's sudden heart attack on 9th June. In the original script, Alf Roberts told Rita Fairclough that she was the only woman ever to understand him when she tried to arbitrate between him and Audrey.
- A female customer in the Corner Shop is uncredited, despite having a line of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: Phil is in need of money: can any of his old friends help? Meanwhile, his partner, Deirdre Barlow, worries about his approach to business.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 13,559,000 viewers (2nd place).
|July 1991 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Fri 5th • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Fri 12th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th
Fri 19th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Fri 26th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st