Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||22nd January 1964 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||20th January 1964|
|Next episode||27th January 1964|
With the national papers reporting the news of Walter's tour, the Street fills with screaming fans. Walter doesn't want to go as he'd rather stay with the Tanners. Laurie makes him realise if he wants success he must accept his fans and do the tour. Florrie plans to change the Corner Shop round, moving the door to stop the draughts. Dennis smuggles Walter out of No.11 and off to Cannes dressed in his old window cleaning clothes. Walter gives him money to have a bathroom installed in the house.
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Myra Booth - Susan Jameson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- TV Times synopsis: Walter makes a decision, and Valerie and David Robbins come to an understanding
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,710,000 homes (2nd place).
|January 1964 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|