Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||27th January 1964 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||22nd January 1964|
|Next episode||29th January 1964|
Ken is summoned to the Education Officer. Val tells Dave he's not wanted in her house. He tells her how lonely he is and they are puzzled by the fact that they are talking for the first time. Susan Schofield is knocked down outside Bessie Street School and is rushed unconscious to hospital. Dave blames himself as he was getting the children across the road. Whilst Ken gets angry with the Council, Val tries to comfort Dave. Susan dies in hospital.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Mr Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Irma - Sandra Gough
- David Robbins - Jon Rollason
- Laurie Frazer - Stanley Meadows
- Joyce - Yvonne Walsh
- Mavis - Frances Brozel
- Tony Leonard - David Glover
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- Corner Shop
- Elliston's Raincoat Factory - Basement
- Dave Robbins's flat
- First appearance of Irma Ogden although she is credited as "Irma Smedwick" in dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: The accident in Rosamund Street proves Kenneth Barlow right, but Valerie has her doubts
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,843,000 homes (4th place).
Len Fairclough (about Susan Schofield): "That kid had twelve years of utter misery, you know. She never looked as though she had a decent rag on her back anyway. She always looked starved to death, didn't she? Black and blue, she was, from the beatings she got all over the house from her loving parents. Now she's departed this affluent society...under the wheels of dirty great corporation bus.
|January 1964 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|