Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||6th September 1991 (Friday)|
|Story editor||Trevor Suthers|
|Story associates|| Graham Carlisle|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||4th September 1991|
|Next episode||9th September 1991|
Martin decides that the adoption isn't worth the hassle; he doesn't want to risk being refused. The auditor arrives at Bettabuy. Curly tries to retrieve the docket but is too late. He asks Reg to countersign the docket but Reg refuses. Gail feels bad about Martin dropping the adoption. Steve refuses to return to school. The auditor sees the docket and reports the matter to Head Office. Angie feels awful that Curly has put his job on the line. Alma and Audrey are disappointed to find that the Spanish class is full of women. Des decides to sell up and leave Weatherfield. Curly discovers that Brendan Scott is being sent to investigate him. Gail realises she's been selfish, she goes on one knee and proposes to Martin. He is thrilled.
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- David Tilsley - Thomas Ormson
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 7 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Corner Shop
- Jim's Cafe
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room
- Bettabuy - Shop floor and manager's office
- Weatherfield Comprehensive - Corridor and classroom
- Mr Harding, the Bettabuy auditor, is uncredited despite having lines of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: Gail takes matters into her own hands when Martin proves his persistence. Will Reg stand by and see Curly go under?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 14,690,000 viewers (6th place - combined figure including repeat).
|September 1991 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Mon 16th
Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Mon 30th