Gail prepares to meet Martin's mother Barbara Platt for the first time. Martin assures her that she doesn't have a problem with the age gap. Curly lies to Reg that Martin's stag night is at the Rovers so that he can't gatecrash. Jim isn't happy about Liz going to the clinic. She just wants to get it over with. Reg continues to pester Rita. Jim has a go at Alec when he orders Liz to organise the cellar on Jack's day off. Bet becomes suspicious that Liz might be pregnant. Liz is furious when Jim casually mentions her going to the clinic in the pub, and thinks he wants people to know about the baby so that she'll be forced to have it. Ivy takes Nicky from school to give him lunch and tell him how important the Tilsley name is. Jim wants to give the abortion more thought but Liz is scared that she'll start to want the baby. Audrey scoffs when Alma denies that she and Ken are dating. Liz can't bring herself to tell the doctor she wants an abortion. She feels confused, as does Jim. Barbara meets Gail and gives her a blue suspender belt to wear at the wedding. Ken signs up for a gourmet weekend and invites Alma to join him as his guest, all above board. She agrees. Ivy plans to update her will, leaving her half of the house to Nicky on the condition he changes his name back to "Tilsley".
- Gail Tilsley - Helen Worth
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Nicky Tilsley - Warren Jackson
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Viaduct Street
- Jim's Bike Shop
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room, kitchen and hallway
- Weatherfield Comprehensive - Corridor
- Barbara Young makes a pre-Doreen Fenwick appearance as Barbara Platt.
- TV Times synopsis: Ivy sets about making sure the Tilsley name carries on. But to what lengths will she go?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 18,260,000 viewers (4th place).
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 7th May 2003 was edited down for timing reasons omitting the opening 57" of Part Two where Ivy Brennan gives Nicky Tilsley lunch and asks him what he thinks about Gail and Martin's wedding.
|September 1991 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Mon 16th
Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Mon 30th