|ITV transmission date||30th September 1991 (Monday)|
|Story editor|| Tom Elliott|
|Story associates||Marvin Close|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||27th September 1991|
|Next episode||2nd October 1991|
Liz plans to give up work to raise the child. Ivy doesn't like Barbara Platt as she was tiddly in front of the kids. Audrey pries into Alma's weekend with Ken but Alma gives nothing away. Reg leaves his spare key with Mavis when he expects a delivery. Rosie's teething keeps Sally awake at night. Barbara invites the Brennans over for tea to see the children. Don accepts on Ivy's behalf. He's embarrassed when Doreen tells him that Ivy warned her about her drunkenness. Steve works with Jim at the bike shop. The twins think something is wrong with Jim and Liz. Audrey pretends she knows what went on at the hotel to trick Ken into revealing that he and Alma spent the weekend in the same room. Mavis goes without her lunch break as she's still waiting on the delivery and doesn't want Rita to know that she's doing Reg a favour. Bet guesses that Liz is pregnant and tells her that she was pregnant three years ago to show that she isn't too old. A water bed is delivered to No.12. The surgery wants to monitor Liz as they're researching pregnancies in women in their thirties and forties. Reg brings flowers for Mavis but Rita thinks they're for her and throws them out. He delivers them to Mavis in the Rovers. Ivy is annoyed that Don accepted Barbara's invitation without consulting her. Audrey infuriates Alma by assuming that Ken concocted the hotel mix-up. Liz and Jim tell the lads that she's pregnant. They aren't impressed. Mavis finds Reg charming and thinks Rita has got him wrong. Jim announces the pregnancy in the Rovers and Liz realises she's going to have the baby now.
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Rosie Webster - Emma Collinge
- David Tilsley - Thomas Ormson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Yard
- The Kabin - Shop and stockroom
- Jim's Cafe
- Doctor Butler's surgery
- Barbara Young makes a pre-Doreen Fenwick appearance as Barbara Platt.
- TV Times synopsis: What is Reg Holdsworth having delivered to his flat? Liz shares her misgivings about her pregnancy.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 18,140,000 viewers (5th place).
- The Granada Plus repeat of this episode on 12th May 2003 was edited down for timing reasons omitting a scene of length 56" where Liz McDonald has a catch-up with Sally Webster in No.13's yard. This was Sally and Rosie's only appearance in the episode.
|September 1991 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Mon 16th
Wed 18th • Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Fri 27th • Mon 30th