Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||30th October 1991 (Wednesday)|
|Story associates|| Paul Abbott|
|Designer|| Diane Crossley|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||28th October 1991|
|Next episode||1st November 1991|
Gail and Martin hope Nicky will mend the damage that Ivy may have done but he doesn't want to go to court. Don keeps out of Ivy's way as much as possible. He accuses her of getting pleasure from upsetting people. Alec makes Mike settle his bill weekly as he fears that he has no money. Kevin feels he hasn't the facilities to service a fleet. A manufacturer wants to see Angie's designs. The Platts take the children to court. Ivy calls off work sick and rushes to the court. Nicky and Sarah tell the judge that they like Martin, although Nicky says Ivy hates him. Ivy arrives at the court too late as the children are allowed to be adopted and their names changed. The Dole office knows that Kevin has been servicing cars and his money is stopped. Gail asks Ivy if they can start afresh. Ivy agrees but resents the fact that Gail has won. Angie is offered £200 for her designs. She needs the money to pay off her overdraft but doesn't want to be taken for a ride. Mike urges Kevin to take a risk, and offers to set him up in business at the factory unit. The Websters are stunned to silence.
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Nicky Platt - Warren Jackson
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Rosie Webster - Emma Collinge
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Sarah Louise Platt - Lynsay King
- David Platt - Thomas Ormson
- Curly Watts - Kevin Kennedy
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 5 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Jim's Cafe
- 33 Hammond Road - Living room
- Bettabuy - Shop floor
- Family Court - Waiting area, chambers and exterior
- The three Tilsley children are credited under the surname "Platt" from this episode onwards.
- TV Times synopsis: Nicky and Sarah Louise go to court to be adopted. But who will the judge favour - Martin or Ivy?
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 21,040,000 viewers (1st place - combined figure including repeat).
|October 1991 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Fri 4th • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Fri 11th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th
Fri 18th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Fri 25th • Mon 28th • Wed 30th