Dennis is threatened with the sack if he makes another mistake. Len reveals that the PPOP members are all doing business with Laurie and that Alderman Langton has sold Laurie his share of the factory. Val doesn't know what to do to help Ken. She blames him and he hates her for not being completely interested in him. He tells her that he doesn't need a wife, he needs someone who understands him. They realise they shouldn't have married. She goes to see Dave to talk through her frustrations. Ken goes to the Rovers and drinks heavily. Len thinks of taking on an apprentice with all the work at the Corner Shop and the club. Dennis takes the blame for a smashed crate so that he will be sacked. After drowning his sorrows, Ken returns home to find Val has left. She arrives at Dave's flat with her suitcase.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Mr Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- David Robbins - Jon Rollason
- Laurie Frazer - Stanley Meadows
- Mick O'Connell - Reginald Jessup
- Ronnie - Neville Barber
- Lionel - Kenneth Colley
- Joyce - Yvonne Walsh
- Lorry Driver - George Ghent
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 9 Coronation Street - Bedroom
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room
- Gamma Garments
- Dave Robbins's flat
- Amalgamated Steel - Loading bay and yard
- This episode features no cast or production credits.
- Although the scenes in Amalgamated Steel's loading bay were studio recorded, the yard scenes were on 16mm film and on location, albeit silent and overdubbed with appropriate sound effects.
- TV Times synopsis: Dennis is framed, and Valerie finds an answer to her problem
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,847,000 homes (3rd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1960-1969, released on 31st July 2006.
|February 1964 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|