|ITV transmission date||11th December 1991 (Wednesday)|
|Story editor||Trevor Suthers|
|Story associates|| Graham Carlisle|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||9th December 1991|
|Next episode||13th December 1991|
Gail is taken aback when Ivy tells her she's glad they've got No.8. Alf buys the radio cassette from Steve when he assures him that it's not stolen. Bet receives a postcard from Alec saying he spends all his time below deck. Bet thinks he's lying for her benefit and is really enjoying himself. Betty warns Bet that people are talking about her and Des Foster. Bet doesn't care as the rumours aren't true. Kevin services the car free of charge before selling it to Ken. Mike tells him there'll be no more favours. Alma starts planning her Christmas away with Ken. Mavis asks Steve to get a radio for Derek. Jack tells Betty that he saw Des Foster at the Rovers at midnight. Betty begs Bet not to put her marriage at risk. Bet maintains that there's nothing going on. Audrey tells Mike that Alma and Ken are spending Christmas abroad. Ken pulls out of the car purchase when he finds out it's going through the company books; he refuses to give any money to Mike. Kevin insists he takes his £20 back. Steve sells Mavis a radio cassette player, telling her it came out of a wrecked car. Bet hears Jack spreading rumours and her and threatens to sack him if he carries on. Mike thanks Ken for leaving him to sell the car at a profit and promises to take Alma off him as well.
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Ivy Brennan - Lynne Perrie
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Angie Freeman - Deborah McAndrew
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Rosie Webster - Emma Collinge
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Front room, back room and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Viaduct Street
- Jim's Bike Shop
- The Kabin
- MVB Motors
- Jim's Cafe
- Rosamund Street
- TV Times synopsis: Ken makes plans for Christmas unaware that Mike is meddling again.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 19,180,000 viewers (4th place - combined figure including repeat).
Betty Turpin: "'Hey, we've been a couple of barmaids for a long time, 'aven't we?"
Bet Gilroy: "Long enough, Betty love."
Betty Turpin: "You were only my junior when Mrs Walker took you on and now look. You've really done somethin' with your life."
|December 1991 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Fri 6th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Fri 13th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th
Fri 20th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th (1 2) • Fri 27th • Mon 30th