Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||24th January 1992 (Friday)|
|Story editor||Trevor Suthers|
|Story associates|| Graham Carlisle|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||22nd January 1992|
|Next episode||27th January 1992|
Gail is thrilled that Mike is no longer the landlord of the cafe. Alma feels the fact doesn't change anything; she's still moving. Vera arranges to meet Gordon Hastings, overheard by Jack. The McDonalds go to the Magistrates Court. Steve is charged with handling stolen goods and pleads guilty. Mavis asks Victor Pendlebury to take Derek back. Victor tells her that Derek is useless and he won't re-employ him. Mavis accuses him of jealousy. The Magistrates fine Steve £100. He has to pay it off at £5 a week. Jim is furious to discover that the case against the rest of the gang has been dropped. Victor tells Mavis he's completely cured; he no longer fancies her. She is stricken. Jack follows Vera to a pub where she meets Hastings. Gail accuses Alma of not caring what happens to her or the cafe. Jack warns Hastings off Vera so she has to introduce them. Hastings tells Vera that the Claytons have moved to Exeter. Jack refuses to let Vera give Hastings any more money thinking that he's a conman. He tells Hastings to stay away from them and tells Vera he knows that the Claytons are living in Heaton Norris. He bumped into Harry Clayton about twelve months ago and was told Andrea had the boy, Paul, adopted. Vera is upset that she's never seen him. Kevin fakes the first bill and feels like a thief. He looks for another job. Sally suggests that he informs the Police.
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Jim McDonald - Charles Lawson
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Don Brennan - Geoff Hinsliff
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Kevin Webster - Michael Le Vell
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Sally Webster - Sally Whittaker
- Victor Pendlebury - Christopher Coll
- Gordon Hastings - Stephen MacKenna
- Miss Cassidy - Liz Stooke
- Clerk of the Court - Steve Dixon
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- MVB Motors
- Jim's Cafe
- Pendlebury Paper Products - Office
- Cock and Bottle - Bar
- City Magistrates Court, Manchester - Courtroom and exterior
- Final appearance of Christopher Coll as Victor Pendlebury.
- This is Mervyn Watson's final episode in his second stint as the programme's producer.
- TV Times synopsis: Steve McDonald appears before the magistrates. Meanwhile, Kevin has trouble with his conscience.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 21,250,000 viewers (3rd place - combined figure including repeat).
|January 1992 episodes|
| Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Fri 10th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Fri 17th|
Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th • Mon 27th • Wed 29th • Fri 31st