Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||12th February 1992 (Wednesday)|
|Story editor||Trevor Suthers|
|Story associates|| Graham Carlisle|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||10th February 1992|
|Next episode||14th February 1992|
Ken is told he won't have to have an operation but will have to stay in bed for a while. Doctor Quinn refuses to discharge him unless he has someone to look after him at home. Emily suggests that he sleeps in her front room. Mavis begins to fear that they could lose the house if Derek doesn't find another job. Bet talks to Cherie Watkins when she phones up. She is furious when Cherie thinks that she is Alec's mother, as he told her that he was a widower. Bet attacks Alec with her handbag for telling Cherie she was dead. Tracy and Steve send bogus Valentine cards out. Andy is smitten with Paula Maxwell and puts a Valentine card in her bag. Derek realises that he's going to have to ask Angela Hawthorne for a job. Bet tells Alec that as his mother, she's invited Cherie to tea. Deirdre tells Ken that he can't expect Emily to look after him so he'd better come to her and Tracy.
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Gail Platt - Helen Worth
- Alma Sedgewick - Amanda Barrie (Credited as "Alma Sedgwick")
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, hallway and bathroom
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Jim's Cafe
- Weatherfield General - Ward
- Weatherfield Library
- TV Times synopsis: Who will take Ken in when he leaves hospital? And Bet finds out more about Alec’s relationship with Cherie.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 19,210,000 viewers (5th place - combined figure including repeat).
Alma Sedgewick (about Ken Barlow): "I mean, to look at him... I mean you would, wouldn't yer? I mean you'd think he was really stable and reliable and everything, the sort of person yer just love giving mortgages to. But his life's a total mess."
|February 1992 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th