Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||14th February 1992 (Friday)|
|Story editor||Trevor Suthers|
|Story associates|| Graham Carlisle|
|Executive Producer||David Liddiment|
|Previous episode||12th February 1992|
|Next episode||17th February 1992|
Steve receives a Valentine from Vicky in Lancaster. Deirdre sets up a bed in the living room for Ken. Alf is sent a Valentine from 'Britannia' (an allusion to Vivian Barford but in reality Steve and Tracy). Audrey pretends to be furious and consoles herself by going shopping. Reg is delighted to receive a Valentine from Rita, unaware that Steve sent it. Rita is horrified when he comes on strong. Angela Hawthorne agrees to see Derek about a job, upsetting Mavis. Cherie Watkins calls on Alec. Bet introduces herself as Alec's mother and starts bossing 'little Alec' around. Alec is forced to explain that he is not a widower - Cherie is not amused. Mavis tells Derek she can't stand the thought of him spending every day with Angela. He tells her this may be his last chance to get a job, causing Mavis to say he must see Angela. Paula Maxwell thanks Andy for his card and gives him one in return. He is pleased. Derek goes to Hawthorne's but decides not to see Angela, telling Mavis their marriage is more important than work. Rita tells Reg she did not send him the Valentine. Deirdre is full of doubts as Ken is delivered to her from hospital.
- Steve McDonald - Simon Gregson
- Andy McDonald - Nicholas Cochrane
- Liz McDonald - Beverley Callard
- Mavis Wilton - Thelma Barlow
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Percy Sugden - Bill Waddington
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Deirdre Barlow - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Audrey Roberts - Sue Nicholls
- Alec Gilroy - Roy Barraclough
- Bet Gilroy - Julie Goodyear
- Jack Duckworth - William Tarmey
- Raquel Wolstenhulme - Sarah Lancashire
- Reg Holdsworth - Ken Morley
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Phyllis Pearce - Jill Summers
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Des Barnes - Philip Middlemiss
- Martin Platt - Sean Wilson
- Tracy Barlow - Dawn Acton
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 4 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin - Shop and stockroom
- Weatherfield Library
- TV Times synopsis: St Valentine leads the residents a merry dance - and Alec’s mother makes an appearance during a dinner date.
- Viewing Figures: UK broadcast - 19,670,000 viewers (2nd place - combined figure including repeat).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1990-1999, released on 5th September 2011.
|February 1992 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Fri 7th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Fri 14th
Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Fri 21st • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Fri 28th