Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||2nd March 1964 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||26th February 1964|
|Next episode||4th March 1964|
Swindley packs his belongings from the shop in the night and leaves, with the shop door still open. Florrie worries that the Corner Shop will never be finished. Emily finds Swindley at home, worrying about rationing and a childhood book - he's had a breakdown.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Myra Booth - Susan Jameson
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- This was the last episode to use the programme's original title sequence. For the next three months the title caption was shown over the opening scene or location. The programme's second title sequence then made its debut with Episode 366 (15th June 1964).
- TV Times synopsis: Miss Nugent finds Mr. Swindley, and Dennis orders a birthday present
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,754,000 homes (2nd place).
|March 1964 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|