|ITV transmission date||4th March 1964 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||2nd March 1964|
|Next episode||9th March 1964|
Dennis plans a party for Elsie's birthday. Emily summons Swindley's sister Hilda Barrett to take care of him. Martha agrees to clean the club. Dennis shows Elsie her present - a bath, paid for by Walter. Elsie decides to turn Linda's bedroom into the bathroom. Ena starts a collection for Swindley. Mr Papagopolous sends him flowers and fruit. He is taken home by his sister. Dennis presents Elsie with a birthday cake with forty-eight candles when she is only forty-one.
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Myra Booth - Susan Jameson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Anne Dyson makes a pre-Effie Spicer appearance as Leonard Swindley's sister Hilda Barrett.
- This was Stuart Latham's final episode as producer in his second and last stint in the role.
- TV Times synopsis: Dennis organises a party, and Mr. Swindley finds he has friends after all
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 9,016,000 homes (1st place).
|March 1964 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|